Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Valentine's Day Card

Oh my goodness I have a lot to talk about on this card!  I ended up using so many things that I have been hoarding like the Love My Tapes fabric tape (this stuff is AMAZING!), the TH grungeboard bird from my sweet friend Kathy (Branches on SB.com), & one of the new stamp sets from The Craft's Meow (hearts and sentiment).  ** You can click the pictures for a larger view if needed**



I started off making this card for the Simon Says Stamp presents a Chipboard Challenge over at Lily Pad Cards.  I wanted to stick with kraft, teals, and reds - one of my absolute fave color combos!  I had all kinds of cute little chipboard accents out that I painted with Picket Fence Distress Stain, and then turned out I didn't use them! grrrr!!!



and a close up shot

**I wanted to mention that the very talented Julia Stainton (Belle Papier blog) was my inspiration throughout this card, I pushed myself to just make this for fun and tried to recall all the beautiful techniques and images on her blog.. I think it really helped because I actually had FUN making this from start to finish!  Yay!  Maybe this year WILL be a better year (craft-speaking) than last ;)  Thanks for stopping in today!**

6 comments :

  1. Wow, how pretty is this?!! The colors are so lovely and I just love the shabby, vintage style. This is a gorgeous addition to the challenge gallery at Lily Pad Cards, thanks for joining us, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nancy! I was happy to finally get a card entered in the LP challenges again, it's been a while!

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I really love the flow of all your elements here! So love the bird and the bingo style card, fabulous colors and it's the little touches, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card, Renee!
    Hugs ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic, Renee. Love the distressed look and the button eye for your "tweet" little bird. Yum---kraft and teal...an awesome combination!

    ReplyDelete