Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Home Decor Piece

Hello!!

I created this cute little Halloween project for the Fall Home Decor Challenge in the Moxie Fab World !

I chose to use my absolute fave collection from last year - October Afternoon's Witch Hazel. 

The frame started it's life as an ugly, broken, brownish color...But after it was sprayed with this awesome crackle spray paint I bought, you could barely see the broken edges, which makes me happy!


 

And a close up so you can see the crackle effect and the Studio Calico silver embossed wood veneer stars!  Aren't they adorable??



Well, it's back to work I go, so see you again soon!  I'm hoping to finish another home decor project for the Winter challenge, it's due 4-8, so if you want to enter, go HERE!!  Thanks for stopping by!









14 comments :

  1. LOVE this distressed (and be-sparkled!) frame. Such great textural detail and the perfect setting for your little witch. What a great piece to display year after year. Thanks for visiting my blogeroo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm why aren't there lots of comments? This is seriously stunning! The frame is itself a piece of art. I just love the contrast with the bright, funky images and the little addition up the top finishes off the project perfectly! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww you're so sweet! Thanks for the compliments :)

      Delete
  3. This is so awesome!! The crackle paint is so cool looking, mixed with cute witch and pumpkins, it is a perfect fall decor piece! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frame make-over. You could use this frame for just about any season by switching out the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that paint!! Good to see you posting girl :) Such a cute piece to have on display. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute project--I have this paper, I haven't been able to figure out how to use it. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun! Love the stars and the crackle paint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply gorgeous!!
    I love doing decor and now you have seriously got me wanting to make a trip to the GW (Goodwill) to search for some ugly old frames!
    Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool! Fabulous idea! I need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Crackling goodness here! I love the frame...just gorgeous! What a fun Halloween piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OHHHH! That crackling is AMAZING! I really should give it a try sometime-- beautiful frame:) <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous project! Love all the crackled detail!

    ReplyDelete